Wishing you all a Happy New Year!
I got my Cricut Explore Air 2 this March and I have learned a lot with my mistakes. I want to share with you some points to remember while working with Cricut.
Hope you will find it helpful.
- Make sure you have all the materials in hand before starting a new project
- Check if your Cricut blade needs to clean
- Make sure your mat is clean and sticky (I use wet wipes to clean)
- Check your machine setting before you cut
- Check you have stylus inserted into your machine, if you want to make score lines
- Check you have pen inserted into your machine, if you are writing with Cricut
- Make sure the file that you are cutting is selected. Sometimes other files are selected and they gets cut first.
- Check right and wrong side of your material
- If cutting HTV make sure to Mirror the image
- HTV shiny side down
- Draw a weeding box around your design makes it easier to weed
- Use scrapper tool to lay your material flat on your cutting mat.
- Use spatula to remove thin materials from your mat.
- Dont forget to save your project.
If you want to make one yourself? Head over to https://jennifermaker.com/diy-paper-luminaries/ to get the file for DIY Paper Luminaries .
When in doubt… just Craft and Sew!